Saturday, April 4, 2009

I will start this by saying that I am the most hardcore of hardcore gamers. This is weird though, seeing as I have a girlfriend, am not ugly, have lots of friends, no acne, and am the furthest thing away from being a nerd. Not that you have to have or not have those things to be hardcore. The game industry has changed a lot since I was young and I guess since it was young. A huge difference is games are marketed now to an extreme extent. People are buying games on nothing more than hype. I very rarely play a game and think "brilliant". However that being said there are a lot of amazing games released also. Another thing that has changed is the used game market. Corporations are making massive profit on used games. Then there are the feelings that games bring. I absolutely love the feeling of waiting months and years for the release of a game you know is coming. Or the feeling of finding that gem that you swear no one else knows about. Games are the best form of entertainment. They offer so much variety and substance. In this, I will post reviews, ideas, news, and other tidbits that anyone modestly interested in games would find amusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment